Our Fischer-Tropsch (FT) reactor and catalyst system delivers high conversion efficiency and high yield of high value products.
Particularly in today's oil price environment, project owners and developers need to select the technology that will allow them to achieve the best possible economic returns from their plant. Velocys technology:
- Offers high CO conversion using a 1-stage (with recycle) approach to the FT process. Total CO conversion exceeds 91%, which is higher than that offered by other smaller scale FT technologies.
- Delivers high yields of liquid products. C5+ selectivities of up to 90% are achieved, leading to an overall C5+ product yield of around 82%. This results in high plant efficiencies, less equipment per unit of feedstock and a lower capital expenditure.
- Can be configured to produce high proportions of high value long-chain products. Velocys technology typically runs with an alpha of 0.93 at the start of run. This increases the revenues that are possible from a plant with a given input, enabling plant operators to access markets that cannot be accessed by certain other FT technologies, and insulating projects from oil price volatility.
- Incorporates a high stability catalyst leading to a long catalyst life and increased plant up-time. Velocys' customers can expect to use each batch of catalyst for at least two years, and maybe much longer, before change-out.
- Is robust and optimised not only for peak performance but also to meet the challenges of everyday feed and situational variances.
- Is operationally ready. All the protocols required to operate a commercial plant have been demonstrated at the Velocys pilot plant.
The superiority of our smaller scale FT technology underpins its selection for a number of commercial projects.
Contact us to discuss how Velocys technology can deliver superior economic returns for your project.
Velocys pilot plant long term performance (single-stage FT, no recycle)
Exceptional FT catalyst stability. Long term laboratory test results demonstrate consistent, stable operation for nearly 2 years without regeneration.
Velocys pilot plant test results: plant start-up protocols now enable the pilot plant to reach target conditions more than six times faster than they did in 2014, increasing commercial plant availability.